UIDAI is issuing a Blue Aadhaar card for the children. It is also known as a Baal Aadhaar. Baal Aadhaar is different from a normal Aadhaar card. Check out the difference, benefits, and process of downloading a blue aadhaar card online.
Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents nowadays. Starting from getting child admission to opening a bank account or getting a passport everywhere Aadhaar is required. It is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by UIDAI. This card contains demographic as well as biometric data of a person. Everyone holds an Aadhaar card including new born baby. The Aadhaar card issued to newborn babies or children is known as Baal Aadhaar. This card is different compared to a card issued to elders.
Features and Difference of Blue Aadhaar card
Children’s Aadhar card is called Bal Aadhaar. If your child is still young i.e. his age is less than five years, then you can get a Blue Aadhar card. Key difference between this card compared to a normal card is given below.
- The color of this card is blue to differentiate from a normal Aadhaar card
- Blue Aadhaar Card remains valid only for 5 years.
- You can also use a school ID card to make this aadhaar card for your child.
- This card can also be made from the birth certificate of the child or the discharge slip of the hospital.
- Once your child reaches 5 years you have to update the Biometric Aadhaar Data of the child.
- Aadhaar details also need to be updated once your child’s age reaches 15 years.
- If you have not got the Aadhaar card of your child and your child’s age is above 5 years you can apply for a normal Aadhaar card.
One has to apply for the child Aadhar card in the same way as the Aadhar card of the elders is made. You have to fill out a form available at the enrollment center. In this, residence proof, relationship proof, and birth certificate have to be attached.
How to download Baal Aadhaar Online?
Steps to download Baal Aadhaar is given below.
- To download Baal Aadhaar of your child, you should have Aadhaar details like the Aadhaar number or Enrolment number. Additionally, your mobile number should be linked with your child’s Baal Aadaar. You cannot download Aadaar if your mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar.
- Visit the UIDAI official portal by going to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in & select the option that I have Aadhaar or Enrolment ID or VID and enter the required details.
- Solve security captcha code and click on send OTP. You will get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and complete the survey questions. At the bottom, you will find a button called Verify and download Aadhaar. On clicking that button your Baal Aadhaar card will start downloading.
- It will be in PDF format and you will need a PDF editor to open it. This Aadhaar is password protected and the password for opening Baal Aadhaar is the first four letters for Child’s name in capital letter followed by a year of birth.
Once your Baal Aadhaar opens up you can take a printout and use it for various purposes.
How to get Baal Aadhaar Offline from Aadhaar Center?
Steps to get the Baal Aadhaar card offline are given below.
- Visit the nearest UIDAI enrollment center. You have to carry your child’s Baal Aadhaar or Enrollment ID.
- Provide Aadhaar number or Enrollment ID to the operator asking for print.
- You need to pay the necessary fees at the enrollment center to get Baal Aadhaar Print.
- The operator will enter the details in the centralized database and give you an instant print of Baal Aadhaar.
Over to you
Have you applied for Baal Aadhaar for your child? Share your experience in the comment section.