I forgot my UAN password and my mobile number is changed, How to get a new UAN password or reset and change UAN Password? This question was asked recently by one of our blog readers. So, in this post, I will try to answer this question.
UAN Password reset and change UAN Password
Case 1 – UAN Password Reset or change – Your mobile is registered and you have your mobile
- Visit UAN Member e-SEWA portal by clicking here.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Fill up your UAN Number and Enter Captcha Text.
- Click on Submit button.
- The screen will show that “Your password has been reset and new log-in details has been sent to your registered mobile.”
Also Read – EPFO mobile app launched – Check EPF balance on the move
- You will get SMS on your registered mobile number mentioning your username and password.
- Login via new password to UAN Member portal and change your password.
Case 2 – UAN Password change through profile
- Login to UAN Member e-SEWA portal using your username & password
- Click on PROFILE > CHANGE PASSWORD
- Enter your old password and new password twice.
- Click on Change Password button.
- The screen will display message “You have successfully change your password.”
- You will also get SMS Notification on registered mobile number about password change.
Case 3 – UAN Password Reset or Change – Your mobile number is changed
In case your mobile number is changed and you forgot your password, you have three ways to change password of your UAN.
1) UAN Helpdesk
- Visit UAN Helpdesk.
- Click on Register as Member link.
- Select Problem Type > FORGOT PASSWORD AND MOBILE NO. IS CHANGED.
- Fill up details like current mobile number, UAN Number, Name, Date of Birth and Problem matter. (Refer screenshot given below).
Also Read – Track Inoperative EPF account – How?
- Click on Generate OTP.
- Once your query is submitted wait for the answer. There may be a delay in the response.
2) Opt for same Mobile Number
The second way is to opt for the same mobile number. If you have kept your mobile inactive for 90 days your mobile number might be issued to someone. If it is not issued to someone else you can approach service provider asking for the same mobile number. Opt for least subscription plan preferably postpaid. On password change you can discontinue this number.
3) Request for password
If your mobile number is issued to someone else, you can request that person to forward UAN SMS to your current mobile number. If he/she agrees on that you can use method describe in Case 1 to reset your password. The third way is the fastest way to reset your UAN password in case your mobile number is changed.
I hope method described above will help you for UAN Password reset or Change in UAN password.