A first step towards establishing an online e-commerce business is setting up own Payment Gateway. Payment Gateways helps e-commerce managers and entrepreneurs in doing online money transaction in a safe and secure manner. Entrepreneurs establishing a business online are always looking for an answer to the question – Which are the top 10 Payment Gateways in India? To help them here is detail information about Top 10 Best Payment Gateways in India. Before looking at actual list let’s talk about what is Payment gateway and factors to consider for the selection of best payment gateway.
What is Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a service that processes online transaction authorizing the payment between merchant and customer. This service is used by an online portal, e-businesses, e-commerce portal, online retailer or any person who is involved in doing online transactions.
Payment gateway charges money for using services. If payment gateway is not set up properly, a business owner may suffer a lot in terms of delay in payment, unsatisfactory customer services and a lot of other problems. This means selecting best payment gateway is one of the important factors for the success of online business.
As most of the payment gateway functions in a similar manner, it becomes difficult to select best payment gateway for the online business. To help you here are critical factors for the selection of Payment Gateway.
Also Read – 40 Online Business Ideas with low cost
Factors for the selection of Payment Gateway
- Check out the transaction fees associated with the payment gateway. It should be reasonable and within your budget.
- You should select a payment gateway that provides multi-currency support. It is required if you want to expand your business globally.
- Payment gateway should be capable of accepting multiple payment methods such as credit card, debit card, PayPal etc.
- You should also check terms and conditions of payment gateway. Some gateway does not allow selling of services using a gateway.
- Customer support is another factor that you should take a look while making a selection.
- Supported e-commerce CMS system is another factor in the selection. A Payment Gateway should support major CMS system.
- Mobile OS Integration android, iOS etc. is another important factor for the consideration.
- You should also see that payment gateway does not require a user to fill up unnecessary fields.
Based on selection factors mention above list of Best Payment Gateways in India is given below.
Top 10 Best Payment Gateways in India for Online Business
- InstaMojo Payment Gateway Services
InstaMojo is free Payment Gateway Services in India. There is no setup fee or no maintenance fee for InstaMojo. You can create a payment link, share with the customer and get paid easily. InstaMojo accepts debit card, credit card, Wallets, Net Banking or UPI. You can sell anything and everything by using this payment gateway. Key features of InstaMojo are given below.
- Integrated payment gateway
- Bundle product service of e-commerce platform, shipping, and loan
- No initial setup or maintenance fee
- Fee per transaction 2% to 5%
- Multicurrency support not available
- Customer support is good
- Mobile app integration available
- CCAvenue Payment Gateway Services
CCAvenue is one of the most popular payment gateway services in India. CCAvenue is multi-currency, multiple payment support services. The best part of CCAvenue is it supports website, phone, app, email, SMS & Social networking payment services. Key features of CCAvenue are given below.
- Easy and customized Integration
- Transaction fee in the range of 2-3%
- Multicurrency support available
- Weekly settlement of payment
- Excellent customer support
- Multiple E-commerce platform support
- HDFC Payment Gateway Services
HDFC is one of the largest banks in India. HDFC also provide payment gateway services. Most of the government websites use HDFC payment gateway services. HDFC provides both business to business and direct pay mode (retail customer) gateway services. Key Features of HDFC gateway are given below.
- Facility to accept payment in multiple currencies
- Instant settlement.
- Support to multiple eCommerce CMS systems
- Mobile App Integration Available
- Good Customer support services
- EBS Payment Gateway Services
EBS Payment Gateway Services is from E-Billing Solutions. A unique part of EBS payment gateway is it provides multilingual page and support. EBS gateway supports multiple options for payment such as credit card, debit cards, prepaid cards/wallets, net banking, EMI etc. Key features of EBS gateway are given below.
- Smart payment routing facility with the highest success rate
- Options to the customer for converting the payment to EMI
- Multi-currency support is available with foreign card acceptance
- Activation of a facility within 24 hours
- Payment page customization available
- Android and iOS Compatible
- Transaction fee from 2% to 6%
- Customer support is average
Also Read – Top 10 MLM & Network Marketing Companies
- Atom Payment Gateway Services
Atom Payment Gateway Services is next in the list of best payment gateway in India. Atom supports payment through a website, IVR and mobile application. Transaction charges applicable for Atom gateway is low. Key features of Atom are given below.
- No setup and operational cost
- Transaction charges are low in the range of 1.99% to 3.95%.
- Multicurrency payment supported
- Multibank EMI option available for customer
- Plugins available for most of the CMS platform
- Average customer support
- PayUMoney Payment Gateway Services
PayUMoney is one of the most popular payment gateways in India. PayUMoney payment gateway is used by many popular e-commerce companies such as Snapdeal, Jabong, Bookmyshow, Zomato, Goibibo etc. It is one of the lowest transaction fee gateway. Key features of PayUMoney are given below.
- Support to wide range of payment options
- Low transaction fee flat 2%
- Dashboard and Report downloading facility
- Multi-Currency not supported
- Support almost every CMS platform
- Customer support is very good
- PayUbiz Payment Gateway Services
PayUbiz is just like PayUMoney payment gateway. It is enterprise version of payment gateway. The primary difference between these two gateways is PayUbiz support multiple foreign currency. The cost of PayUbiz is high compared to PayUMoney. Key Features of PayUbiz –
- Large range of payment option including IVR
- Multi-currency support
- Transaction fee in the range of 2.25% to 3.7%
- Multiple Shopping cart and e-commerce plugin support
- Mobile SDK and Integration available
- MobiKwik Payment Gateway Services
MobiKwik payment gateway is next in the list of best payment gateway in India. MobiKwik offers safe and secure online transactions. MobiKwik offers diverse payment options. Key Features offered by MobiKwik are given below.
- Multiple payment options including International cards
- Offer very good security
- Offers analytics and dashboard
- Transaction fee in the range of 1.90% to 2.90%
- Easy mobile integration and support to android, iOS and windows platform
- PayTm Payment Gateway Services
PayTm is most popular payment gateway in India. PayTm provide this services via RBI approved semi-closed wallet. PayTm is suggested gateway for small ecommerce merchant. Key Features of PayTm are given below.
- Multiple payment method support
- Real time dashboard with in-depth analysis
- Easy integration with Mobile
- Very good customer support
- Razorpay Payment Gateway Services
Razorpay Payment Gateway is next in the list of best payment gateway. Rozorpay is easy to integrate and support multiple payment options. Key Features of Razorpay are given below.
- Accept multiple payment modes
- Provide dashboard facility for analysis
- Flat 2% transaction fees
- Provide robust security
- Easy to use and integrated with all platforms
- Very good customer support
Hope you like above list of Best Payment Gateways in India. Let us know about your experience and feedback in the comment section given below. If you think above list is incomplete and you want to add other gateway services in the above list do write to us.