Are you unhappy with your insurance company? Want to make complain but don’t know how to do that. We are herewith details showing How to make a complaint if you are unhappy with Insurance Company?
A harassed Insurance policyholder can fight for his rights. Approach the Insurance Ombudsman within 12 months of your claim being rejected.
There are 12 Insurance ombudsmen in 12 cities across India, looking into personal complaints.
File a complaint with the Insurance Ombudsman, if:
- You have not received your policy
- There is a dispute regarding premium paid or payable
- There is delay in claim settlement
- Your claim is partially or totally rejected
- There is a dispute regarding the terms and conditions of the policy
Before Buying Insurance Policy:-
If you are unhappy with your insurance company
- Approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of its branch or any other office that you deal with. Click here for contact details of Grievance Redressal Officers, GRO, of all insurance companies
- Give your complaint in writing along with the necessary support documents
- Take a written acknowledgement of your complaint with the date.
The insurance company should deal with your complaint within 15 days.
- If that does not happen or if you are unhappy with their solution you can:
- Click here to download Complaint Registration Form
- Fill and send by post or courier to:
Consumer Affairs Department
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
3-5-817/818, United India Towers, 9th Floor
Hyderabad – 500 029
- Or Fax to
Do share this information with your friends.