A facility of mentioning exit date on the EPF portal online is launched. This facility is now extended to all EPF subscribers. Earlier this facility was available only with Employer login under the EPF portal.
There were multiple cases of delay in defining the exit date (last date of employment) by an employer in the EPF form online. In order to overcome this problem and to expedite the entire process, this facility is launched.
Earlier, the subscriber was literally waiting till the time former employer update the exit date on the portal. Once the exit date is updated by the former employer new employer needs to enter the joining date. The unnecessary delay was causing trouble in the onboarding process in the new organization. Now entire dependency on the former employer is eliminated.
This new facility will help in reducing time delay for transfer, claim submission & claim settlements process. In this post, I will share step by step process to add EPF Exit Date on EPF portal online.
How to add EPF Exit Date on EPF Portal Online?
- In order to access this facility visit Unified Member Portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Log in to Unified Portal using UAN (Universal Account Number) and password.
- Click on “Manage” from the top menu and select “Mark Exit” Option.
- You will be able to see the Employment section on Mark Exit page. Under this section, you will find EPF account number with the previous employer. You can confirm this number from your Pay-slip.
- Enter the date of exit and reason of exit.
- After entering date click on “Request OTP”. You will receive OTP on your Aadhaar registered mobile number. Enter OTP and click on “Update” and submit the request.
- Once your request is submitted you will receive a SMS on your UAN registered mobile number, informing about update on EPF portal.
This page also show “Date of Exit seeding History”. Another alternative is to visit “View” section and check “Service History” to see the date of joining and exit from EPF.
Few Points to Note
You need to consider the following important points while using this facility.
- The date of exit can be updated only after two months from leaving the job.
- The date of exit can be any date in the month in which last contribution was made in EPF by previous employer.
- It is OTP based facility. This facility is available only for subscriber where UAN is linked with Aadhaar.
- Once you update this date and verify it cannot be changed.
It is a welcome step by Employee Provident Fund Organization towards simplifying and expediting the process of claim transfer, settlement and claim submission process.
Please share your views about the new facility of defining Exit date by subscribers on the online EPF portal.