What is my EPF balance? How to check if my Employer is depositing EPF amount with EPFO or not? These are some obvious questions that come to employees mind with respect to EPF. In order to help them here is a complete guide about checking EPF balance and confirming that employer is depositing EPF amount or not.
The company or establishment employing more than 20 people are covered under EPF act. It is mandatory for such organization to deposit EPF amount with EPFO every month. It is generally seen that MNC and big companies are regular in depositing EPF amount. However, small and medium company delay depositing EPF amount.
If you are working in a small and medium company or you have doubt that your organization is depositing EPF amount or not here is a complete guide for checking. This guide is divided into three parts. (1) How to download EPF Passbook? (2) How to find if your establishment is exempted or non-exempted? (3) Checking Employer is depositing EPF amount for exempted Trust.
Also Read – EPF UAN Passbook Download Portal Facility
Download EPF Passbook for checking EPF Balance
The first method of checking if your organization is depositing EPF or not is by checking EPF passbook. You can download EPF passbook online from EPF India website. Follow the step given below for downloading EPF passbook.
- Visit EPFO Member passbook website. –
- Log-in using your UAN and Password.
- Click on the button showing your ID and you will be able to download your EPF passbook. Your EPF passbook contains employer contribution entries.
Downloading EPF passbook and checking contribution is one way of verifying if an employer is depositing EPF amount with EPFO or not.
The method shown above will work only if your member ID is pertaining to a non-exempted establishment. If your employer has established Trust and it pertains to the exempted establishment you will not able to see your EPF passbook via above method.
In the case of an exempted establishment, it will display a message – “Passbook not available to this Member-id as this pertains to an exempted establishment (i.e. Trust). Requested to contact your employer”. The screenshot is given below.
So, under this scenario, it is even more important to check if your name is enrolled in EPF scheme is not. The first thing you need to check is your establishment is exempted or non-exempted.
How to check if establishment is exempted or not?
The procedure to check if establishment is exempted or non-exempted follow the steps given below.
- Visit EPFO India portal.
- Click on the Dashboards under EPFO Corner Menu tab in the home page.
- Click on MIS
- Go to office tab and click on the Establishment Search.
- In the new tab, you will be prompted with the name of the establishment and captcha code. Provide the name of your organization and press the search button. Alternatively, you can also enter Establishment code if it is known to you. I have taken an example of Larsen & Toubro.
- Press the search button and you will be able to see Establishment Name and Address.
- Click on View details and you will be able to check establishment exemption status. If it is exempted you will be able to see status PF: EXEMPTED
- You will also able to see EPFO office address that administers your establishment trust.
Checking Employer is depositing EPF amount or not (Non Exempted or Trust)
In any case, whether your establishment is an exempted or non-exempted if you are contributing to EPF scheme your name should be registered at PF office. To check if your name is registered at EPFO and amount is getting deposited or not follow the method given below.
- After checking detail about your establishment, click on “View Payment Details” link given on Top right corner in the validity status tab.
- You will be able to see month wise amount credit date along with a number of employees.
- Click on a number of employee count and search for your name. If your name is appearing in the list, this means your employer is depositing EPF amount.
I hope method given above will help you in knowing if your employer is depositing EPF amount with EFPO or not.
To get more information about EPF, please post your query in the comment section.