Vidya Lakshmi (www.vidyalakshmi.co.in) is new portal launched by the government of India for the students seeking education loans and scholarships. This portal allows students to apply for education loans online to multiple banks using single form. As of now, total 13 banks has already registered with this portal and 22 different education loan scheme is available on www.vidyalakshmi.co.in.
Vidya Lakshmi portal is launched under Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi Karyakram. Prime objective of this portal is to ensure that no student misses out higher education due to lack of funds.
Benefits of Vidya Lakhsmi Portal
1) You can get information about all education loan and scheme at single place.
2) You can apply for education loan at multiple banks using single window.
3) Facility to the bank to download student loan application and upload processing status.
4) You can view and track education loan application to bank anytime, anywhere.
5) You can file email grievances/queries related to Education Loans to Banks.
6) The portal also provides linkages to National Scholarship Portal.
How to apply Education Loan using Vidya Lakshmi Portal?
You need to follow 3 easy steps given below to apply for the education loan.
- To apply for education loan you need to register on the portal. To register click here.
- Fill-up the Common Education Loan Application Form (CELAF) by providing all the necessary details.
- After filling the form, the applicant can search for Educational Loan and APPLY as per his/her needs, eligibility and convenience.
If you want to apply for scholarship follow the steps given below.
- Register yourself on National Scholarship portal.
- Fill up Common Application form for Scholarship.
- Based on eligibility criteria, the system itself suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible.
- SMS and E-mail alert will be generated for processing of scholarship.
Which Banks are registered under Vidya Lakshmi Portal?
Total 13 Banks are registered for Vidya Lakshmi portal and 22 different education loan scheme is available. List of bank registered on the portal is given below.
1 State Bank of India
2 IDBI Bank
3 Indian Bank
4 Canara Bank
5 Union Bank
6 Bank of India
7 Central Bank of India
8 Vijaya Bank
9 Corporation Bank
10 Dena Bank
11 Punjab National Bank
12 Kotak Bank
13 Oriental Bank of Commerce
For More information Kindly contact:-
Tel – (022) 2499 4200
Fax – (022) 2497 6351
e-mail ID : email@example.com
This is indeed very good initiative by the government of India. This portal will defiantly help students seeking a loan for education.