If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake. This is famous quote given by Bill Gates. As per him one should strive to be rich. Many entrepreneur today pursue this quote to become rich. But still dying poor is reality today. If you are at age of 35 and still poor it’s time to wake up.
Jack Ma Story – If you are still poor at 35!
This wakeup call is by founder of Alibaba Mr.Jack Ma. As per him you are poor because you have no ambition.
Jack Ma said that before founding Alibaba I invited 24 friends to my house to discuss business idea of Alibaba. After discussing for two hours they all were confused. 23 out of 24 people told me to drop this idea, for multiple reasons like job is better, you don’t know anything about internet, you don’t have capital for business etc.
I contemplated upon this for one night and decided to go ahead although 24 people are opposing this idea.
Once I started my journey I immediately met with strong opposition from friends and family. My biggest driving force was not my confidence on internet but more of this: “No matter what one does, regardless of failure or success, the experience is a form of success in itself.” Just think about the thousands of road at night, in the morning can always go on same route. Means you can keep trying if it does not work you can revert back to what you were doing before.
I was day dreamer and acting on my dream with open eyes. Remember “Dream is not that what you see in your sleep. Dream is the thing which do not allow you to sleep.”
Jack Ma Said: – Many people lose life on because of following –
- Being prejudiced to opportunity
- Looking down on opportunities.
- Lack of Understanding
- Failing to act quickly
You are poor, because you have no ambition.
Ambition is key to success. It is burning desire to achieve something. It is driving force that can shape your future.
Jack Ma further shared story of Juliet Wu Shihong famous professional manager of China. Wu gained success through self-education and learning on job.
Initially, she was working with big company at lower rank, her job was to pour some tea, sweeping etc. Once, because she did not bring a daily pass, she was not permitted in company’s premises by guard. She requested the guard that she is indeed the company’s employees but guard was not allowing her.
As she stood at the gate, she observed as those of similar age to her, but smartly dressed girl walking through without having to show their passes.
She asked the guard, “Why are these people allowed through without producing a pass?” The guard fired her emotionless.
That was the turning point for Wu – she felt great shame, her self-esteem trampled on.
From that moment, she vowed never to allow herself to be shamed like this again, and to become world-famous.
Since then, she never looked back, she used every opportunity to enrich herself. She worked very hard. She was the first to arrive at work and last one to leave. She used every second of her life and soon her efforts paid off. She was appointed as sales representative and quickly progressed at higher position in her career. She was admired as ‘Queen of Part-timers’ in China.
Only one incident was enough to change her life. She won this battle because she has burning desire to be rich & successful.
- You are poor because you do not have ambition to become successful.
- You are poor because you lack foresight.
- You are poor because you cannot overcome your cowardice.
- You are poor because you lack the courage and willpower.
- With ambition you can overcome all inferiority and extract your potential!
- With ambition you can persevere, continuously learn new things and strive for perfection.
- With ambition you can defy all odds, and create miracles when others daren’t.
No matter how poor your family is, do not doubt your own abilities and lose sight of your ambition.
- When your family deems you worthless, no one will pity you.
- When your parents do not have money to pay the medical bills, no one will pity you.
- When you are beaten by your competitors, no one will pity you.
- When your loved ones abandon you, no one will pity you.
- When you’re 30 years old 40 years old has no achievements, no one will pity you!
Go big, or go home. Otherwise, you’re wasting your youth.
If you find this post helpful, feel free to share it with your friends on facebook and twitter.