National Institute of security market (NISM) & SEBI has design unique concept to check financial literacy of your child. NISM will be conducting National Financial Literacy assessment test in January, 2014. School students appearing for the National Financial Literacy Assessment Test (NCFE-NFLAT) can check their Financial Literacy score and also get an opportunity to win lots of prizes like laptops, tablets and cash rewards!
Financial Literacy Assessment Test is the first national- level test to measure the level of financial literacy among school students of Classes VIII to X. We appreciate efforts placed by NISM conducting this test and giving rewards to students & schools will encourage significant numbers to read and learn the basic concepts of finance.
Syllabus of Test:-
- Money Matters: Smart Goals and Financial Analysis
- Budgeting: Balancing the Means and the Ends
- Understanding insurance and risk management
- Understanding Investments
- Basics of Banking
- Introduction to Stocks
- Investments: The wider Spectrum
- Beyond Savings: Borrowing
- Retirement as a financial goal
Financial Literacy material is available for download from NISM website.
- Duration of examination: 1 hour
- Number of Questions: 75
- Medium of Examination: English/ Hindi (as per candidate’s choice)
- 4 options for each question
Advantage of NCFE-NFLAT
- A one of a kind National-level test to measure financial literacy
- Unique opportunity for schools to be a part of nation building
- Free study material to help improve student’s knowledge about money management, financial markets and products
- Recognition at national level and grand prizes for both students & schools
- Winners will be felicitated at an exclusive event in Mumbai
- Participation Certificates for all
- Last but not the least, it’s free!
Reward for Students:-
- All India Toppers – 5 National Topper will be given medal and laptop.
- Regional Topper – 15 Regional Topper will be given medal and tablet.
- All India top 100 – 100 Topper will be given cash price of 2000 Rs/-.
- Certificate of participation will be given to all participant.
Reward to School:-
Highest participation: Top 25 schools will be awarded INR 25,000 each. (At least 50 of its students must have appeared for the test).
Highest Success: Highest Level of Financial Literacy among its students. Top 6 schools will be awarded INR 25,000 each
Principals/Heads of schools will be felicitated at the award ceremony
Last date of registration: – 29th November, 2013
Exam date:- 12th January,2014
Result date:- 23rd January,2014