It has become mandatory to link Aadhaar with your EPF account. If you are wondering how to link Aadhaar to EPF (Employees Provident Fund), account this post is for you. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you to link your Aadhaar card with to EPF.
Why to link Aadhaar to EPF?
- It is mandatory to link Aadhaar with UAN for online claim submission.
- If your UAN is linked with Aadhaar it becomes easy to merge multiple UAN numbers to single.
- Linking Aadhaar will reduce the requirement of uploading multiple documents as Aadhaar can act as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address.
- Claim settlement will be faster if your Aadhaar is linked with UAN.
Steps to Link Aadhaar to EPF Online
- Visit Unified Member Online Portal.
- Login to your EPF Account using UAN, Password, and Captcha.
- Click on “Manage” tab. From the drop-down menu select “KYC’ option.
- A “KYC” update window allows you to update a range of documents like a bank account, PAN card, Aadhaar, Passport Number, Driving License number, Election card as specified by EFPO.
- For linking Aadhaar with EPF account click on Aadhaar and enter your Aadhaar number and name as appearing on Aadhaar document. Click on save button once you are done.
Note- You may face issue while updating your Aadhaar. The reason could be a mismatch between your credential provided to the UIDAI and EPFO. Mainly change of name etc.
- After saving data it will be visible under tab “Pending KYC”. It generally takes 15 days to get it approved from an employer. On approval, your Aadhaar will be visible in “Approved KYC” tab.
Also Read – How to Lock Unlock Aadhaar Card Online?
Steps to Link Aadhaar to EPF Offline
A facility of linking Aadhaar to EPF Offline is also available. The facility of linking Aadhaar with EPF offline is beneficial under following cases –
- In the village area where Internet facility is not available.
- In a case where KYC is not getting approved by the Employer.
- In case of technical/system related issues.
For linking Aadhaar with EPF offline EPF subscriber or pensioner can walk in any of field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN & Aadhaar and link the Aadhaar with the UAN.
I hope information given above will help you in linking Aadhaar with EPF.
Do share your experience in the comment section.