PAN card allotment process will undergo change from 3rd February, 2014.From this date onwards every PAN applicant has to submit self-attested copies of following documents.
- Proof of Identity (POI),
- Proof of Address (POA) and
- Date of Birth (DOB) documents
PAN card allotment process change is welcome step taken by Income tax.
Applicants also need to produce original documents of POI/POA/DOB documents, for verification at the counter of PAN Facilitation Centers.
The copies of Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Date of Birth (DOB) documents attached with PAN application form, will be verified vis a vis their original documents at the time of submission of PAN application at PAN Facilitation Centre. List of documents of POI,POA & DOB is given in instruction part of form 49A/49AA.
Original documents shall not be retained by the PAN Facilitation Centers and will be returned back to the applicant after verification.
Fee of processing PAN application shall be 105 Rs/- (inclusive of all Taxes)
This is as per recent notification released by Directorate of Income tax notification date 24/1/2014.
Know your PAN
- First three characters are alphabetic series running from AAA to ZZZ
- Forth Character of PAN represents the status of PAN holder.
C – Company
P – Person
H – Hindu Undivided Family
F – Firm
A – Association of Persons
T – Trust
B – Body of Individual
L – Local authority
J – Artificial Juridical person
G – Government
- Fifth letter represent first letter of PAN card holder last name/ surname.
- Next four characters are sequential numbers 0001 to 9999.
- Last character in PAN is alphabetic check digit